Certain foods and drinks are responsible for stained teeth. Many people are displeased when their teeth develop an unsightly appearance. White teeth are a clear indication of good health and good spirits. There are many over-the-counter options available when whitening your teeth. If your teeth gain the natural white color, this might transform your life completely.
What is required to maintain white teeth
According to Dentist Hamilton NZ, it takes a lot of effort to maintain white teeth. First, do not allow grape juice, red wine or dark colored drinks to stain your teeth. It’s much better to use a straw when drinking. You can also opt for over-the-counter teeth whitening agents – usually chemical substances – to brighten the appearance of your teeth.
After drinking or eating, brush your teeth thoroughly. A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda is good enough too. Apple cider vinegar is a great substance that remains ideal for your teeth. Your diet should also include foods that are not too acidic as high levels will break down the enamel layer.
Benefits of whitened teeth
- Confidence – white teeth kick in a strong feeling of self-confidence. It adds more intensity into your smile and keeps people inspired on what you have to say. When conducting a professional presentation, your presence will be more authoritative. Alternatively, white teeth are viewed as a symbol of a healthier appearance.
- Secondly, white teeth can help an individual quit their drinking or smoking habits. It takes time to have your teeth bright and white. Going through the trouble is enough for some people to give up the bad vices they held onto. Smoking cigarettes or drinking red wine has a negative effect on the enamel of your teeth. Teeth whitening reduces the staining.
- White teeth make a person feel younger. As we age, the teeth enamel layer thins out. This is why most of the elderly end up with yellow teeth. White teeth can reduce the aging appearance portrayed when you open your mouth. This is great for those who want their significant other to consider them still young.
What are some of the best teeth whitening solutions?
- Over the counter – these products are available in many stores. They are toothpaste, whitening pens, and mouthwash. However, it would be unwise to over-rely on these products as they fail to deliver as advertised in most cases.
- Professional whitening – This can be custom bleaching where special trays are made while at the dentist’s office but can be applied while at home. A gel of carbamide or hydrogen peroxide or put on the tray before being placed right into your mouth.
- Laser teeth whitening – The laser is the best way to get quick results. The preferable method used is a highly concentrated gel that is applied to your teeth. It involves a concentration of light and heat. Laser treatment produces instant results.